Holistic Massage Therapy
There are three main elements to a holistic massage:
The whole of you
Holistic massage takes into account the whole of you, including your physical, emotional and mental state on the day. Therefore, every single massage is completely unique, as your needs will change from day to day.
A whole range of techniques
During the massage, there is a process of communication occurring between me as the practitioner and you as the client. Most of this communication will occur through touch and response, where I will be paying attention to how your body is responding to my touch and choosing the most appropriate technique to use for you in that moment.
The techniques I might use to personalise your massage include:
- Light massage, skin massage and skin rolling
- Deep tissue work
- Rocking and vibration
- Trigger point therapy
- Energy work
- Still holds
My whole attention
During your massage, I aim to be fully present and focused, whilst also drawing on knowledge and experience, in order to give you the best therapeutic massage possible.
Benefits of Holistic Massage
There are many reasons why people choose to receive massage, including: injury, chronic pain, stress and anxiety, aches and pains, feeling burned out or fatigued, or for general relaxation and wellbeing.
Massage may help by:
- Providing a safe, held space to be, just as you are
- Giving you a sense of spaciousness
- Bringing relief from tension and/or pain
- Providing relief from stress and anxiety
- Giving you a sense of calm and peace
- Promoting relaxation
- Promoting healing after injury
- Replenishing your energy levels and restoring a sense of vitality